Free counter and web stats

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Saw War of the Worlds on the weekend. I know it's a little late, but hey I hate lining up for movies, so it's a good time to see around this time as the theatre was half empty and I can easily find a good seat. This movie scared the sxxt outta me. No, i am not afraid of those Aliens, it's the reaction of the human beings that's comparable to a horror flick. People always say that Steven Spilberg is a brilliant story-teller, and they are right, as he was able to introduce to the audience the backdrop of the story and each character's personalites etc pretty quickly in the first few scenes, and didnt wait too long before jumping to the aliens attack. (The Island is a lot worst at doing that, and i will be writing about later). Throughout the movie, I just cant help but wonder what I would've done in a situation like that. While I think the character of Tom Cruise is a bit of a selfish bastard, i realize that anyone can be as selfish as him too if push comes to shove. I do hope that I will still have the heart to help others (like the son in the movie) in these circumstances tho. Any type of war can bring out the good and bad in humans I guess. And if i were to choose, i'll probably choose to die, i think surviving is actually scarier, and I dont wanna be mentally scarred for the rest of my life with those horrible memories. Just blabbling again.....

No comments: