Free counter and web stats

Monday, December 26, 2005

It's been a year

It's been a year since the deadly Tsunami hit Southern Asia. I was in Sri Lanka and India at that time. Luckily i left Sri Lanka a day earlier (it should've been 2 days, but our stupid tour missed our flight!), cuz if i didn't, i really don't know if i will be here today. I still remember we got the news in the middle of nowhere in India through our tour guide; we received a text message regarding the news. I was kinda in trouble cuz i lied to my parents and told them i was going to Taiwan instead, and i sent them an email telling them that i was actually in Sri Lanka on the 24th. I think i really scared my parents. :( I remember i was telling Ringo that I know Tsunami is Japanese and even sang a few lines to SAS's famous song (called Tsunami!) Everyone in our tour had no idea on the magnitude of the disaster until we were back in HK. As soon as i turned on my phone, there were many messages asking me if I was ok, and i remember the first thing i did was calling Clara confirming that we are seeing "Kung-fu Hussle" the next night. @_@ And then everyone was saying "Oh gee you scared me you are still alive!". I guess i felt the love there.... ^_^ I love my friends!

This never occured to me until much later, but i do consider myself a lucky person after visiting these poor countries. I really dont know how some of these ppl in the 3rd world countries live their lives. Like there should be enough resources on this planet for every single person right? Why do we still have people die of starvation? Why are we not able to protect childrens/girls in the poor countries? It kinda upset me. :(

Ok, getting a bit serious, so i better move on.

No comments: