Free counter and web stats

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Peter was here!

Peter was in town last week. It was nice to see him again and he hasnt changed a bit; still the same groovy guy i knew back in the UC days and can still crack me up whenever he opens his mouth. I dont remember exactly how we met, and i can only remember that i asked him to get me Softhard's debut CD! Kinda weird but this time around I asked him to get me another Softhard CD (ya there is this "new" album with some new songs!). I guess I am just consistant? :) I also got a new wallet as a bday gift (tsumori chisato!), hehe thanks so much Peter!

Since Peter was here for just a little over 24hrs, we tried not to waste any time. First we stopped at Trong Khanh for the tasty vietnamese noodles. We took pics of the noodle so we can show to Kian (who's currently in Singapore, hehe sorry!) :P. Then we went to the street where MEC and all the other outdoor shops are located. Peter's an "outdoor look" person, haha! (note the difference between Outdoor and Outdoor Look :D) We had dinner at Sushi-Bar Miki; the sushi was AWESOME but the hot food we ordered that nite (fried squid and katsu don) was just ok. We met up with Cathy and Eva at Cheesecake that night and had a little get-together. I havent seen Cathy in ages!

The next day I took Peter to shop around for gifts for his colleagues. It's some sort of HK culture where you have to get your colleagues something when you travel overseas. We spent quite a bit of time doing that and almost missed our lunch! At last we made it to Sushi Zipang and had some very delicious sushi. :D While we were there a lady started to talk to us. She's quite nice and she's from Orlando, Florida (a nice American!). She said her daughter is studying MBA in Calgary and working in funds management or something. She passed me this slip with her daughter's email address on it and the world "Big Money Mentors". Hmmm it's almost weird how I always have nice people who'll walk up and start a conversation with me. Anyways, she did asked me if i am still in school! Hehehe.

Had a short walk on 17th Avenue after that. It's February and still no snow on the ground! Showing Peter around made me realize that Calgary is quite a pleasant place. Before we know it, it was time for Peter to leave. I hope he'll come again soon! I totally forgot to bring him to that hill that's near the end of Lion's Bridge. You can take pretty good pictures of the city there! Oh well, next time!

No comments: