Free counter and web stats

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Death Cab for Cuties / Franz Ferdinand Live

Death Cab for Cuties / Franz Ferdinand Live @ the Calgary Corral 06.04.26

I remember last year when I saw the Killers I said to Gigi that i wish FF would do a live show in Calgary. I waited for another year and finally they were here last nite along with Death Cab for Cutie! Along with an opening act that we completely missed (the Cribs), which i hope i wont be kicking myself in the future if they turn out to be a cool band. I really dont understand what the organizer of the show is thinking when they put the two bands in the same show together, cuz FF and DC are very different in style, one's got really catchy beat, and one is more of the mellow type. DC is actually not too bad of a band, but their songs simply lacks the energy to get the audience going when it's performed live. Since i wasnt so familar with DC's songs, i find the performance a little boring, but DC does have a good lead vocal who didnt crack and screwed up as much as Alex :P

Needless to say, the FF part of the show was awesome! They sang all my fave songs and rocked the crowd with their amazing stage presence. The best part of the concert was when the guys from DC and the Cribs joined FF on stage and did this cool drums sequence together! Overall it was a great show and I was a happy kid with my new band tee. :D

Just hope that there will be more cool bands coming to Calgary!

Our seats aren't too bad....

No comments: