Free counter and web stats

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

More Toilet Tales

Had quite a busy long weekend. My toilet was clogged again!!! It literally drove me crazy! It's my ensuite bathroom and you can imagine the inconvenience. :( I tried to fix things and eventually the parts inside the tank started to fall apart. I was already quite traumatized last time when I had to remove the toilet, this time I say forget it and get a new one. My sister and I went to Home Depot and ended up getting the cheapest American Standard we can find (only $118 + tax!). The next day I got it installed with the help from my daddy. Basically i've learnt the following: 1)Detach the tank from the toilet 2) Detach the toilet from the floor without making a mess 3) How the toilet is connect to the ground 4) Getting rid of the old wax ring 5) Putting the wax ring on the bottom of the toilet 6) Installing the new toilet and align it to the right position 7) Attaching the new tank to the new toilet bowl 8) How to adjust the water level and water flow of the tank......great achievements eh? After all the hard work and observations, i realized that the cause of the "clogged" was the slow water flow. I could've avoid all this if i knew how to adjust the flow from the beginning. :( Oh well....this new toilet seem to be more efficient than the old one, and the tank is much smaller (Altho it's a 13L model also)

Ok, if you ever have a problem with your toilet, dont expect me to help you (yes, as in getting my hands on your toilet, no way!), but if you need good advice on how to fix things I think i more than happy to give you step by step instructions verbally. :)

Anyways, took me a long time to make sure everything in the bathroom is sanitized afterwards. Now everything is nice and clean and germ-free! Yeah!

No comments: