Free counter and web stats

Monday, August 14, 2006

Freckin' Terrorists!

After 9/11, we started going to the airports well in advance to check in and go through security. We have to take our shoes off at times and also pay hefty security surcharge. It was alright and never affected me much since i am not the type who carries shape objects around (hey i dont even do my nails). And I was never really concern about my safety on board, cuz i'd figured everyone knows what to do now when they spot a terrorist on board (knock him out like you'd do to a fish!)

But since last Thursday, there have been talks about banning carry-on luggage for good after the alleged terrorist plot was unfolded. This will seriously affect me and i am like screaming out NO~~~ to this ban.

Here's a list of how i will be affected:

  • i won't be able to shop at the Duty-Free from now on. :( This is where you can pick up some nice perfumes and skin care products at discounted prices! There are other goodies too!

  • i won't be able to use my special travel pack again. :( The package includes a nice Miffy flight pillow and plane ticket holder i got from the airport in Japan and an eye mask (cover, not a facial mask) from TokyuHands. Where will i get the chance to use these from now on?

  • i won't be able to take any of my skin care products. :( I don't think they have any idea on how DRY the cabin can get!!! For me, i totally can't survive on such low humidity place. I always carry some facial cream and face wash with me cuz it's so dry there. And of course there's my lip balm and hand cream, which i carry with me EVERYWHERE i go. Checked luggage does get lost and i always carry a set of clothing with me on my carry-on. Arrrh how am i gonna survive without them? A long haul flight gets pretty yucky during its last few hours in the air cuz the same air is being circulated and you do need things like deodorant, mouthwash and stuff to make you feel fresh. Now they are telling us that we can bring them on board! Arrggggh!

  • to make it worst, they are also gonna be taking away your Ipod!!! :( Arrrh this is probably the thing that's gonna affect me the most! I won't even survive a half hour train ride without it. Now i gotta try and sit still for like 12hrs+ without any music cuz of these freakin' terrorists!!! Arrrrhhhh they can't ban the Ipod please please please! It'll be even worst if i have to fly with Air Canada cuz they still don't have a personal entertainment centre like other airlines!!! (you get a shared projected screen that's working if you are lucky) Also those crappy headphones provided by the airline...which i totally can't stand!!! Arrrrh someone help me! I cant read on the plane cuz of motion sickness, so my Ipod is like the only thing that'll keep me sane during a long haul flight.

Wooo....what am i gonna do? :~( Stupid terrorists!!!!

No comments: