Free counter and web stats

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Medical Appointment

Just went to see the doctor this morning to get a prescription refill. The doctor is about my mom's age and she is kinda ... funny, cuz every time i see her she starts asking a bunch of personal questions like a nosey relative. Today she asked me questions such as if i live by myself or if i have a boyfriend etc etc. And then she suddenly asked me "So are you going to be ok by yourself for the rest of your life?". My first reaction was like "huh"? but then i just told her "well i never thought of long term things like that". It is obvious that i wont go too in depth with her, but on the other hand i think the answer is obvious. Truth is i don't think anyone wants to be alone for the rest of their lives deliberately unless the person is like emotionally scarred or was betrayed and dont trust anyone or something (?). On the other hand it is getting more difficult to find someone with the same set of values, interest, backgrounds, goals, etc. And it is perhaps reasonable to take the time to pick out the right person. Obviously I haven't give up, at least not yet. ;)

Maybe next time I should tell her some bs like i am a lesbian or something ... i am sure she'll be pretty freaked out hehehe :D

No comments: