Free counter and web stats

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ya ... I read it, finally~

Ok, i know i am probably one of the last person on Earth who hasn't read Da Vinci Code!!! I finally finished reading it on the weekend. I like the brilliance of how it combines existing elements (artwork, architecture, etc) that are familiar to readers and how it fits almost flawlessly into story. I do think the 'Facts' page in the beginning of the book is a bit misleading tho. Overall a pretty good read, but unfortunately as a long time viewer of shows like 24 and Alias, the plot twist in the book just doesn't surprise me anymore. :( I was able to crack the last code btw! Probably most of you've got it too but still ... pat on the back for myself ~~~ ^_^ Now i can finally go see the movie! I am glad that i've been to most of the places mentioned in the book, so i was able to form mental pictures as i read along.

Btw can someone explain to me why hardcover books are always released a few years before paperback versions in North America??? Really cant think of a reason besides the fact that hardcover costs more so the publisher makes more $. How come they never consider the fact that a hardcover is heavier and less portable? It's very hard to read that on the train while standing. :(

No comments: