Free counter and web stats

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Latest Food Addiction

G and I found this new restaurant for lunch and we are totally addicted to it! The place is called Chongqing Restaurant and it specializes in Szechwan Cuisine. Their noodle soup is absolutely delicious and the 2 chicken dish we tried so far are yummy! They add a lot of garlic to their noodle soup base, so there should be less MSG in their soup. Their food is super tasty and I keep wanting to go back everyday! (gotta stop thinking about it! *Drool*) The restaurant have 'changed hands' from one owner to another over a short period of time in the past, so I hope Chongqing is here to stay! They also specialize in Hot Pot but I haven't tried it yet. One small complaint. We were there this past Monday and they didn't have any appetizers we tried to order! They say they are too busy to prepare "Hand Tear Chicken" cuz it "takes too much labour"! Hmmm why list it when it's not available? Anyways, the other dish we ordered to replace these appetizers were too good so I am not gonna complain.

In case you are really gonna trust my word and go try it: Chongqing is located at City Plaza on Centre Street, beside Page One Bookstore, in Chinatown Calgary.

No comments: