Free counter and web stats

Saturday, November 12, 2005

1st night in Brussels

We took the Airport Express to get to Brussels' central station. It was only 2.8 Euro and the duration was about 15 mintues. Spent around half and hour finding our hotel and passed by Grand Place. It's a huge courtyard surrounded by historic buildings. It was just magnificant! Since it was Saturday evening there were a lot of people there. Didnt stay too long cuz the place was close to our hotel and we knew we were gonna be back. Finally we found Hotel Opera on a busy street. The hotel is not too bad except in our room there was this one bed that was obviously smaller than the other 2. Kinda reminded me of Goldie Locks...

As soon as we settled down at the hotel, we headed out to the busy shopping district close by. Went to look for the new Stella McCartney collection at H&M but was already sold out. :( We found an Electronics store and Bo saw this 7xx Euro camera he wanted! I was so tired at the store because of the jet lag and i tried so hard to keep my eyes open. At last Bo decided to get the camera. It became his new toy and he pretty much ignored Olivia and I cuz of it throughout the trip. :P

I forced myself to stay awake to adjust to the local time. This is surely the best way to fight jet lag! Altho it is a really hard thing to do. We walked around the area surrounding Grand Place again to find a decent restaurant to dine in. At last we got quite tired, and when this waiter approached and sweet talked us into going in the restaurant, we went with him cuz we were simply too hungry and too tired to look.

I read somewhere that the restaurants around that area is famous as some sort of tourist trap! >_< but we were just too tired and decided to take a chance, so we fell right into the trap! The food at the restaurant was actually not too too bad, altho i was expecting something better. I ended up ordering mussels and it was actually quite good. Olivia and Bo's salmon was not the best. The biggest rip-off at the restaurant was the bottle of water; they charged us 4 Euro for this flippin' bottle. We checked at a supermarket later and it only cost 0.50 Euro!

At last we were back to our hotel, i took a shower first cuz i was just dead tired and needed to sleep. I always carry a set of clean clothes with me whenever i need to check my bags, and this time around it came in handy! I got this overnight kit from the airport that includes some basic stuff, but it didnt include anything for my face! Arrrh i miss my toiletry kit so bad! It's hard to imagine what will happen if my baggage doesnt arrive the next day!

Had no memory of what happened after my shower cuz I was told that i fell asleep in 2 seconds.

No comments: