Free counter and web stats

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Lost Baggage!

The flight to Frankfurt actually arrived a bit early than expected. So .. there was plenty of time to shop around at the terminal before boarding the plane to Brussels. Great! First thing i did was adjusting my watch according to the computerized billboard that shows the Arrival/Departure time. Went to the ATM and got 300 Euro, thinking that should be enuf cash for the entire trip (will use credit card whenever possible). Wandered around shops and had lunch at McD's (Happy Meal!). When it was time to leave, i went to the departure gate and was told that my flight already left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( I checked my watch and realized that the clock i was following was about 40 mins behind! Arrrh~~ How can a computerized clock be wrong????? I swear i saw it refreshing as it updates the different arrivial/departure time! :( Staff at Lufthansa suggested i go to the ticket office to get a ticket for the next flight. At the ticket office, they told me that i need to cough up 300 Euro for the next flight. I told them that it's not my fault that the clocks at the airport was wrong! The lady was kinda mean and screamed "it's not our fault either!". :( She suggested that i go to the Air Canada counter, since they issued the ticket. From the Lufthansa booth, i dashed a few minutes and finally arrived at the Air Canada booth (huge airport!), put onthis innocent face and sort of beg the lady there to help me. The lady there kinda gave me that "gee, how could u???" look but she quickly issued me a 2nd ticket, which was quite nice considering that i was gonna start crying and tell her that i cant afford the 300 Euro Lufthansa wanted me to pay. Finally i boarded the next flight that leaves 1.5hrs after the one i missed. I prayed that Olivia and Bo would still be waiting for me at the arrival gate.

Finally i arrived in Brussels! Waited at the baggage belt for so long but didnt see my baggage coming. Turns out that they pulled my suitcase from the flight i missed, and it didn't make it on the flight i was on. :( Arrh~ Went to the Baggage service at Brussels airport to report my lost suitcase. The guy there was extremely friendly and helpful, but at the same time very slow! I knew Olivia and Bo was gonna wait until 15:45ish but i was afraid of telling the guy to speed up (that'll be kinda mean!). Finally i got out at around 15:30 and spotted my friends! Hehe quite a happy moment. I told them i was gonna arrive in the "Apprentice" style but couldnt without my suitcase. :(

No comments: