Free counter and web stats

Friday, November 25, 2005

Post-Travel Depression :(

I think i am suffering from the Post-Travel Depression. Looking at the pics i took from the trip just made it worst. :( Now i am back to my old life. My savings account balance is at an all time low plus more bills are coming. Woooo :~(

Wish i can live in Europe or Asia sometimes, cuz ppl there can fly to another country within an hour or so, I can only go down to the States @_@ , which is really no different than Canada. So what's the point of going to a place that's so similar to your home base? I think living in North America is so depressing sometimes (in a traveller's point of view at least). Maybe I should really think about moving away for a while. :(

Anyways, to cheer myself up, i already have some travel plans going for 2006. Hehe. I guess i will be leaving again as soon as i clear my debt for this trip. Hopefully I can travel outside of North America every year. For 2006 I'd like to go to the following places:

1. Japan - I've heard this saying that going to Japan is addictive and i totally agree! There's so much to see every time i go there and there's a lot of good food too. (Ummmm Ramen at Ichiran :D !!!) Seriously things are surprisingly cheap there and you are almost guarantee to get good quality stuff. Would love to go to Hiroshima and while I'm in Tokyo i'd like to go to Yokohama (didnt have time on my last trip!).

2. Egypt - That was one of our choices when we got to pick where we'd wanna go last Xmas (and we picked Sri Lanka/India instead!). It's still kinda dangerous to go there now but hopefully Ada & Ringo are not going there this year (then i might be able to go with them!)

3. Silk Road (China) - I dont really wanna go to China cuz of the bird flu, but i know how they maintain those heritage sites in China! (Crappy!) So, before they all get destroyed by those naive visitors i'd like to take a look.

4. Cambodia - I am sure i will get in trouble if my parents finds out i am going there, but ... again this was one of the few places we wanted to go to last year and Ringo went without me this Spring. :( Not sure if it's safe to go myself so i'd ask around to see if anyone's interested.

5. Taiwan - I always wanted to go to Taiwan, hehe to practice my Mandarin and go to KTV :D It's quite easy to go to Taiwan so it's not a priority.

6. Hong Kong - Hmm i will stop by HK for sure if i am in Asia, that's almost certain. I mainly miss my friends and the food there.

Now if i can find a travel buddy!

2 comments:

Pazu 薯伯伯 said...

I've been to 3, 4, 5, 6 (!) of your list, the Silk Road can be quite disappointing depends on what you expect, basically you have a great chance to hop from one city to another city unless you have your own transportation, not realy recommended. I think Cambodia should be on the top of your list because it's cheap, it's safe and it's surprisingly pleasant to travel there. The Angkor Wat Complex was simply amazing and you shouldn't miss it. I've seen some solo female backpackers there too, you shouldn't be too worried.

kkysiu said...

Pazu, quit showing off! :P I know you've been to many places, in fact i am kinda jealous. I just wanna visit silk road before it gets totally destroyed! Yes i really wanna visit Angkor Wat! One of my goals is to visit all 7 wonders of the world! I dont know if i can make it, but i will definitely give it my best effort! (btw, will you get this in your mailbox when i reply to your comment?)