Free counter and web stats

Monday, November 21, 2005

Back to Reality!

I woke up at 4:20 this morning (!!!) and was ready to leave by aroud 4:40. Left the flat with Olivia's help and said goodbye to my great travel buddy for the last 10 days :( (Bo was still asleep!) The taxi ride only costed Euro 19.10 (exclude tips) and the driver was quite friendly and chatty. I got to the airport quite early, around 5:15? I was surprise to see so many ppl there so early! The lineup wasnt that bad, and the whole check-in process was fast.

When i arrived at the departure gate, a Chinese lady approached me and started talking to me. She is from Taiwan and her husband is a doctor attending a conference in Dublin; He went back to Taiwan early for work while she continued her journey to visit her daughter in Edinburgh. She was really nice and friendly and offered me (who was like starving, cuz no restaurants were opened at that time) this Pineapple "so" (it's a famous snack from Taiwan and it's kinda like Fig Newton except in Pineapple favor). I was flattered as she asked me if I was in High school and if I am in college yet. :D Hehe ... When i told her that i am already working she said that i didnt look that old. :P . Btw i had no trouble communicating with her, so i am convinced that the Mandarin i learnt was the Taiwan accent and therefore my Mandarin is not as bad as i first thought :P. Spent a few hours at the Heathrow terminal and i managed to pick up a Paddington Bear! It's still on sale and i picked the one wearing a red raincoat. Oh he's so cute! :D I will take good care of him for sure. I also spent some $ at Virgin Megastore on CDs (Goldfrapp's Supernature, which is not available in North America until Spring 2006), a Traveller's converter and some books/mags.

Trip back to Calgary felt soooo long, as I was just dead tired but couldnt fall asleep. Air Canada sucked as usual (STILL NO personal tv screens!), but i do feel that I am back in Canada once i got in the boarding area. You can just tell that most of the people on the plane are Canadians; everyone was nice, polite and friendly. And of course you can see everyone's carrying a MEC backpack! It's a good way to spot the Canucks!. Didn't wait too long at the Customs Booth once i arrived and luckily didnt get search by them. Dad was there to pick me up at the airport. I felt kinda sad that the trip ended but at the same time I was glad that i could sleep in my bed again! I so miss my bed!!!

2 comments:

Pazu 薯伯伯 said...

Definitely I have no idea as to why 鳳梨酥 was so popular, I just didn't like the taste, it was strange especially if this is a breakfast. I think I would throw up... :P

kkysiu said...

Well, i was very hungry! Also i didnt wanna be rude, so i had to eat it. It tastes ok, it was only a small piece anyway. If it was any bigger, yes i think i would throw up!